Monday, October 26, 2009

The Wall

Have you ever experienced the feeling of hitting a wall? Ok, so not a literal wall, but figuratively. Or perhaps the sensation of being at a crossroads and every direction is clouded by dense fog? So dense that you can barely see the signs for each direction. Well, if you have then I can relate. I'm there now and it's all hit me within about 30min. to an hour.
While registering for classes, I hit a big speed bump. I was planning on taking classes next semester, doing an internship in Washington DC for the Fall, taking classes in the Spring and then graduating in May. Well, it hasn't worked out so dandy like I thought. I just realized that it might possibly take me longer than expected and I'm already a year and a half behind.
It's in times like these when my path seems so far away and I'm standing at an intersection staring into the darkness and wondering what to do and fighting against despair and confusion. But then I remember...
I remember that there is a God in heaven...My Father, who is watching over my life and is not surprised or astonished about what's going on. He's never let me down. He never will. It's times like these that make me grateful, because they cause me to lose myself and rely on Him alone for sustainment.
I once heard a story about how God is like a watcher over a maze and we are stuck in the middle of it. We search and run around in confusion trying to find our way to our destination, but God is watching and can see the whole maze and knows the way out. All we have to do is trust in Him and become dependent on Him alone.
God's brought me farther then I could ever imagine and He's not through with me yet. I trust Him to bring me through and to hold me in His arms, telling me that all will be well. I'm at peace knowing that even if it takes me 10 more years to get where I need to be, I'll get there, because unless I'm in God's will, then it's all for nothing anyways. So here I stand, at peace in the confusion around me, looking to my Father who will see me through. I trust Him.

I encourage all who read this...look to the Father. He's waiting and more than able to see you through any of life's difficulties. He is good! Proverbs 3:5-6

Until next time,

Britt

No comments: