Saturday, November 22, 2008

Home again, Home again...

Well...like my post title says...I'm finally home again! Thanksgiving break has finally arrived and it feels so good to be home! I seriously haven't been home since the first of October and it's been longer for other girls on the hall. I love the sights, sounds, smells and just the feel of being at home in NC. Simply being home with my family and our dog, Lacy is enough for me. Why, just last night, as I was taking Lacy for a walk, I stopped and took in a nostalgic moment. The night air was crisp, but I was still warm wrapped up in thick coats and a beanie. I looked up and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and I saw a myriad of beautiful stars glittering against a dark backdrop. Nights like last night brought back so many memories, some good, some not so good. The not so good memories made me think of years ago when I would be walking the dog at night waiting on a phone call from a bad decision of relationship. Thinking of that time made me shutter, but it also made me glad that I have a relationship with a God so merciful and loving, that He delivered me from 2 years of heading in the wrong direction. Thinking of His goodness and love for me, made everything alright. As Lacy began to tug at the leash, I began to head back cold outside, but warm inside, as I looked towards my house filled with a loving family and blessings that I'll always be grateful for.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Until next time...

No comments: